The best source of expert guidance on municipal law in Michigan. Find a clear path through the myriad of Michigan municipal statutes and get all the practical advice you need. Michigan experts share their years of knowledge on the issues facing cities, villages, townships, counties, and other public bodies.
If you represent municipalities, you'll learn:
- The best way to achieve intergovernmental cooperation to provide services and to encourage growth
- How to ensure Open Meetings Act compliance and handle any FOIA request
- The current status of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act and issues such as preemption, zoning, and dispensaries
- How to effectively defend actions against elected officials and public employees
If you represent other clients, you'll know:
- How to navigate the liquor licensing application and approval process at the state and municipal levels
- What clients can and cannot do under the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act
- How to challenge the acts and omissions of elected officials and public employees
826 pages, 1-volume, 7x10 paperback. Current to 08/30/13. Next update TBD. Subscription service available.
Fully searchable and continually updated. Citations link to Michigan caselaw, statutes, and court rules. Includes online index, downloadable forms, and summary of changes. Price is for a one-year subscription.