Secure Your Clients for Generations
Prepare for the new realities of probate and estate planning practice and improve the value of your services. Whether you're dealing with an aging client facing end-of-life decisions or competition from do-it-yourself websites and professionals in related fields, get practical advice to address new challenges. Stay on top of the "gotcha" areas in your practice so you can confidently help your clients use their assets the way that works best for them.
Be ready to handle areas of elder law that are becoming common. Learn to manage clients' digital assets, help with increasingly sticky income tax issues, and draft complicated special needs trusts with ease. Get tips from experts and judges to handle the court process.
Attend and Learn to:
- Understand how the new 3.8% Medicare surtax applies to estates, trusts, and beneficiaries
- Get the details right in a DNR order, whether your client is in a nursing home or a hospital
- Work within the latest Michigan and federal Medicaid and Medicare rules
- Handle estate planning for same-sex couples in the wake of the DOMA decision
- Leverage technology that will help you level the playing field
- Implement tips to tactfully let go of difficult clients
- Minimize taxes for your family business clients
- This program has been submitted for CTFA credit approval*