Respond to Rapid Change and Rev Up Your Document Drafting
From the new durable power of attorney statute to estate tax portability; from transfers of real estate in and out of trust to drafting trusts in conjunction with a divorce judgment, estate planning is changing rapidly and in profound ways. Get the latest drafting strategies from the experts and get your forms in tip-top shape. This perennially popular and valuable program informs you of the changes in the law and gives you sample forms that you can put to use today.
Attend and Learn to:
Certificate Program Participants: You may earn credit toward your Probate and Estate Planning Certificate for up to five seminars by watching live and on-demand webcasts.
- Enhance your durable powers of attorney in light of Michigan’s new statute
- Distinguish grantor trust rules and estate tax rules
- Draft a workable statement of trust purposes and priorities
- Effectively address awkward topics with your clients and tailor their documents to match
- Coordinate pre- or postnuptial language with a client’s trust
- Use defined value clauses to gift or sell closely-held business interests
- Navigate title insurance and uncapping issues when transferring real estate in and out of trust
- Take specific steps to exonerate trustees and other professionals