If you represent the consumer debtor, this book lets you:
- Determine whether filing under Chapter 7 or 13 is the best course for your client
- Understand the "means test" under Chapters 7 and 13
If you represent creditors, you will:
- Maximize recovery for creditors when the debtor files a bankruptcy petition
- File proofs of claim and handle the meeting of creditors with assurance
- For small business creditors, learn how to address cash collateral issues, recover collateral or goods sold to the debtor, and deal with a Chapter 11 reorganization plan
If you represent a small business, you will:
- Know all your client's options when their business is teetering on the edge
- Learn possible alternatives to a Chapter 11 filing
- Understand how the debtor's business works in Chapter 11, obtain financing, and assume or reject contracts or leases
458 pages, 1-volume, 8.5x11 paperback. Includes a download of forms. Current to 12/01/11. Next update 2016. Subscription service available.
Fully searchable and continually updated. Citations link to Michigan caselaw, statutes, and court rules. Includes online index, downloadable forms, and summary of changes. Price is for a one-year subscription.