Collect on judgments without collecting complaints too! One of the top consumer complaints to the Michigan Attorney General involves collection disputes. Handling the Collection Case in Michigan: A Creditor’s Guide will protect both you and your client while bringing claims or enforcing judgments.
With this book, written by a collections expert, you will:
- Discover the best ways to collect without filing a lawsuit
- Know how to avoid Fair Debt Collection Practices Act claims or other complaints
- Efficiently enforce judgments using proven techniques
- Learn what options you have when the debtor is in bankruptcy
- Choose the best postjudgment remedy to ensure collection of hard-won judgments
770 pages, 1-volume, 7x10 paperback. Includes a download of forms. Current to 06/01/14. Next update TBD. Subscription service available.
Fully searchable and continually updated. Citations link to Michigan caselaw, statutes, and court rules. Includes online index, downloadable forms, and summary of changes. Price is for a one-year subscription.