Whether you advise trustees or serve as trustee yourself, this comprehensive guide gets you on the right track. It shows how to start the administration, prepare accounts, invest assets, make distributions and divisions, and wind up the trust. Sample letters, petitions, assignments, fee agreements, checklists, and SCAO forms make this book truly "how-to."
With this book, you will:
- Prepare an account so that it cuts off trustee liability
- Never miss a tax filing date with the checklist of tax returns and informational forms
- Handle real estate held in trust, including environmental issues
- Understand investments from the fiduciary perspective
- Learn the in's and out's of decanting for administrative, tax or other reasons
- Know when it's time to go to court for direction
378 pages, 1-volume, 7x10 paperback. Includes a download of forms. Current to 07/01/15. Next update November 2017. Subscription service available.
Fully searchable and continually updated. Citations link to Michigan caselaw, statutes, and court rules. Includes online index, downloadable forms, and summary of changes. Price is for a one-year subscription.