Whether you are starting an action on an unpaid debt, pursuing collection on the judgment you just received for a client, or attempting to collect your own attorney fees, Handling the Collection Case in Michigan will explain your options and guide you through the process. With this book, written by Michigan’s leading collection experts, you will:
- Discover the best way to collect before filing a lawsuit
- Handle periodic and nonperiodic garnishments
- Choose the best postjudgment remedy to ensure collection of hard-won judgments
- Avoid Fair Debt Collection Practices Act violations and other consumer protection claims
- Learn your options when the debtor is in bankruptcy
462 pages, 1-volume, 7x10 paperback. Includes a download of forms. Current to 06/01/16. Next update July 2018. Subscription service available.
Fully searchable and continually updated. Citations link to Michigan caselaw, statutes, and court rules. Includes online index, downloadable forms, and summary of changes. Price is for a one-year subscription.