Protect your client and yourself by learning the best ways to deal with or remedy your clients' problems by plea bargaining or by using postconviction motions, expungement, and other tools to clear or clean up their records. With this book, you will:
- Quickly spot all the collateral consequences of a conviction with handy charts of offenses and consequences
- Avoid problems with the immigration consequences of a plea bargain under Padilla v Kentucky
- Deal with potential driver’s, occupational, and health care professional license consequences of criminal convictions
- Understand the possible consequences of a conviction under the Sex Offenders Registration Act
- Know the best ways to handle juvenile cases
- Learn when forfeiture is possible, what property may be forfeited, and available defenses
|Winner of an Association of Continuing Legal Education Administrators Best Award for a Publication.|
250 pages, 1-volume, 7x10 paperback. Includes a download of forms. Current to 01/15/15. Next update April 2019. Subscription service available.
Fully searchable and continually updated. Citations link to Michigan caselaw, statutes, and court rules. Includes online index, downloadable forms, and summary of changes. Price is for a one-year subscription.