Whether you pursue or defend employment cases, this book is the go-to source in Michigan. It covers the full array of employment claims. Respected employment litigators show how Michigan and federal law intersect and share strategic insights for employment cases.
With this book, you will:
- Know the key issues in bringing or defending major employment causes of action
- Have sample interrogatories, settlement agreements, and checklists as guidance
- Understand how to calculate back pay, front pay, and the obligation of mitigation when seeking damages
- Advise your clients with confidence about enforcing or defending against noncompetition agreements
- Handle with confidence questions that arise under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and other state and federal employment statutes
1150 pages, 1-volume, 7x10 paperback. Includes a download of forms. Current to 10/15/13. Next update December 2015. Subscription service available.
Fully searchable and continually updated. Citations link to Michigan caselaw, statutes, and court rules. Includes online index, downloadable forms, and summary of changes. Price is for a one-year subscription.