Registration for this training is now at capacity. A Fall training is open for registrations.
Rethinking your career focus? Want to apply your problem-solving skills outside your law practice? Time to acquire new skills and freshen your approach? This award-winning,* SCAO-approved,** hands-on training is for you!
Whether you plan to mediate cases, reinvent your practice, serve on boards of organizations, do volunteer work, or just become a better lawyer, this top-notch training will meet your needs. Facilitative mediation is an entirely new approach to reaching agreement—it's nothing like litigation, arbitration, or old-style mediation. This program is the best mediation skills training offered anywhere in Michigan and consistently earns our highest ratings year after year.
Benefits of Attending:
- Build your mediation skills as you participate in demonstrations, hands-on role-plays, and discussion
- Get direct feedback from our expert faculty in a limited-enrollment environment
- Return to the office with a binder of SCAO-approved seminar materials to help you successfully establish a mediation practice
- Breakfast and lunch included on-site each day
- Listening skills
- Moving past impasse
- Risk assessment and reality testing
- Mediator opening statements
- Negotiation coaching
- Reframing/Role plays