Anchored by an excellent, clearly written standard revocable trust, this book is designed for the trust drafter. It includes a pourover will, powers of attorney, certificate of trust existence, acceptance of trust, and many sample assignments. These documents, combined with discussion of the substantive trust law and planning issues, result in "worry-free" drafting whatever your level of practice.
With this book, you will:
- Perfectly tailor a trust to suit your client's particular needs
- Know when and how to draft using trust protectors
- Know when the revocable grantor trust should receive retirement benefits, and how to draft for this situation
- Learn when and when not to use a joint trust and what critical provisions to include
- Understand the potential negative tax consequences of a revocable trust upon the grantor's death and plan around them
- Effectively communicate the nature of trustee's duties to your client
490 pages, 1-volume, 7x10 paperback. Includes a download of forms. Current to 07/01/14. Next update TBD. Subscription service available.
Fully searchable and continually updated. Citations link to Michigan caselaw, statutes, and court rules. Includes online index, downloadable forms, and summary of changes. Price is for a one-year subscription.